Tomorrow, the world’s biggest marketing conference is opening its doors again. Coming from all over the world, 50K+ visitors will flock to Cologne to preview The Future of Advertising during two days of marketing mayhem. Having added a sixth conference hall in the Koln Messe this year, Dmexco 2017 is looking to be the biggest yet with 1,000,000+ square feet of conference areas to explore. Looking at the 2017 conference program, it can be quite overwhelming to browse through all 570 speakers and a total of 250 hours of programming. Picking the cherries would be an even bigger challenge. To make things easier, we’ve collected the most interesting talks and grouped them by their respective topics. To keep you from getting lost in inspiration, we’ve shortlisted the most interesting topics.
1. Artificial Intelligence
How will AI change the face of marketing as we know it? Or, will it only change what goes on behind it? Find out how this scary but powerful piece of tech might influence your day-to-day practice.
- Cognitive and AI
- Face AI: When Marketing Machines are learning
- Workshop: What’s the role of Artificial Intelligence in the Online Advertising Industry? Advantages and disadvantages
2. Advertising Ethics: Transparency & Value Chain
Have things changed, since the ANA Papers? What’s the latest on ad fraud? Let’s talk advertising ethics.
- Who is the Fairest One of All? The Future of the Digital Advertising Value Chain (DE)
- Viewability, ad fraud, brand safety: unveiling the core impact of media quality
- Digital Mindshift: From Pure to Mindful Marketing Business
3. Digital Transformation
As this transformation is probably never over, it’s more about keeping up with all the changes. Learn what to prioritize, and what to look out for.
- The Now Frontier: Do or Die? Technologies for Marketing Right Now
- Are we digitally drunk? Surviving the Marketing Transformation
- A Transformational Roadmap for Brand Building
4. Mobile Growth
As the mobile first strategy has become a commodity, mobile platforms will quickly become crowded. How to stand out in a saturated mobile landscape? With quality and creativity as the main ingredients, these talks will help you in fine tuning your recipe:
- Building Community and Discovering Growth in a Mobile World
- Tech-Savvy Brand Leadership in an Extended world
- Mobile is eating the consumer journey – What it means for marketers
5. Influencer Marketing
As Influencer Marketing has matured from trend to legitimate marketing practice, what part should it play in your customer journey? What (measurable) benefits exist over traditional digital marketing campaigns, and how can it benefit the service industry? Dive into influencer marketing mechanics and freshen up on pitfalls and best practices.
6. The Future of Advertising and Media
As agencies get more strategic and shift towards becoming full-service consulting firms, not just the field of advertising is in flux for its suppliers. Same thing on the advertiser side, as more and more brands seeing the benefits of taking programmatic advertising in-house. But also, big online retailers stepping into the ad serving field and the GDPR shaking up the way we look at data (and how we obtained it). Future-proof your mindset with these talks:
- Transforming Communications: Innovating Media through Creativity
- Self Disrupt: Creating the next Agency Model
- The Future of Advertising
- The Conquerors of the Last Mile in Digital Advertising
The ability to be everywhere all the time as an advertiser certainly provides opportunities, but opens the door to many vulnerabilities, too. How to show everyone your brand’s best side, when they choose to?
- Engaging the Insomniacs: Building Brands in a World that Never Sleeps
- Managing brand equity in a world of individuals
9. Consumer Assistance
Having launched our own chatbot label Conversed.ai last week, we strongly believe that conversational marketing is going to play a significant part in helping your customers find what they need. The challenge lies in integrating it properly into the existing customer journey. As this technology is on the verge of commoditizing, now is the time to get your know-how up to par.
- Marketing in the Age of Assistance
- From Founder to Big Business: Leading the Industry Transformation in the Digital Age
10. Online Video
11. Data Driven
Touched briefly in topic 6. The Future of Advertising and Media, data definitely needs its own entry in this list.
- Preparing for GDPR: Embracing the inevitable regulations
- Done with collecting data, start connecting it. Think understanding next – The dynamic approach to segmentation
12. What’s New in Search Advertising
13. What’s New in Social Advertising
- Social Lead Ads – Wenn Fans zu Abonnenten und Käufern werden (🇩🇪 )
- Marketing Intelligence: How O2 Uncovered the True Performance of Facebook Advertising
14. What’s New in Display Advertising
- Better Programmatic – Wege einer effizienteren Werbung(🇩🇪 )
- How programmatic and CRM can work together for brands and retailers? A zoom on L’Oréal’s data-strategy
15. Consumer Journey
For on-the-go (re)scheduling, download the Dmexco 2017 app. Not attending the conference this year? Feel free to follow our Dmexco updates on Twitter, and check back here for a recap on both conference days.